Speeding,

Sponsored Links
motorways are designed to accommodate traffic at a minimum of 100mph
Many years ago, in the late 60's, I visited the Road Research Laboratory. We were told that the bends on a motorway are designed for 70mph. At that speed the banking is such that a car will go round the bend "hands off".

i regulary travel on motorways at speeds in excess of 100mph, wether it be clear or not, have done for years, never had a problem.

around schools etc i travel at the speed limit at the very most, the school 20mph speed limits around here are always adhered to by everyone.

cant see a problem with that at all.

(where is Mw when im about to get abuse!!)

I suppose speeding will be safer when the new eu legislation on "lights on" comes into force...

Sponsored Links
Jefoss wrote

i regulary travel on motorways at speeds in excess of 100mph, wether it be clear or not, have done for years, never had a problem

Try that on the M1 into Belfast and you would very quickly see flashing lights in your rear view mirror............... :rolleyes:

What good is having a car capable of going over 160 MPH if you cannot open it up once in a while COP did not see me I did not do it.

Having been caught speeding 3 times I did lose my license for exceeding the speed limit by over 105 MPH What a rush...

What is considered speeding should be classified y the following

1- Type of car as a 500 series Mercedes is a hell of a lot road worthy then a car costing 1/4 the price

2- A Subaru on snow can handle the road even @70 a lot better then a Mercedes or Jaguar XJ 12 traveling at 30 MP

Also drives are not all considered equal .. If a driver takes courses in break neck speed driving and they have a car capable of handling the speeds and twists and turns then they should be given a license that allows for higher speeds.

Charge more like having a firearm license if your willing to pay for registration why not issue it as long as your capable of having a arres t/ drunk /drug free record ZOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

That's because he's an idiot redneck. Bet he likes Bush (not the type I like).

Oh, I mean clear clear! ...............I'll approach and overtake a 90mph car at 100, .

So it's not really a clear road then...you're driving at 100mph when there are other cars around?

I said clear, not empty ;)

Remember some years back when Jeremy Clarkson did that demonstration of a 1960s Ford stopping from 70mph, and it's modern equivalent? The 60's car did it in the 300+ feet it states in the Highway Code, the 90's car did it in half that. :!:

They make these speed limits for the lowest common denominator (c**p driver + c**p car + c**p weather + c**p road-surface). That 70mph legally applies to the best and to the worst. However, the driver is the biggest variable when calculating the safety of the situation, the speed is but one of the many dimensions affected by that driver.

I think that was a good post donk, you are correct, i don't think they would make enough money if the speed limit goes too high.

In Germany they have a lane on the motorway where you can travel as fast as you like, but they have a lower car accident percentage than us.

I heard that off top gear :)

Why should they move over? You should never legally catch up with them so if you break the law by speeding - why should they follow the rules and move over so you can continue your illegal practice? If you think the laws are wrong then lobby your MP - don't attempt to justify your stupidity in regard to speeding by talking about relative speed. It might be my relative you kill.

Joe if you had taken a drivers defensive safety course it states if someone is behind you moving up fast YOU SIGNAL and get out of their way. Only someone ignorant will play cop and try to be a pain in the arse..

The fast driver may be speeding to get someone to a hospital etc and here you are a road hog placing yourself and others at risk just because you want to play road safety officer.

Guys that do not move out of the way of someone speeding are the victims of road rage and are run off the road..

Sponsored Links
Back