Spells of hot water from cold tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I wonder if you can offer some advice, I have a new build property 2008, and that cheap plastic piping for hot water and central heating pipes. I have three floors and the boiler is a modern gas driven unit that also stores water, there is an electric immersion but that's always switched off at a main point. The problem arising is on the ground floor toilet whee I am gettig short spells of hot water coking out of the cold tap! Now I checked but it's the only sink in the house that has separate cold and hot feeds so two taps.

I checked the boiler this time I noticed it and all is functioning well, the pressure was good and it wasn't fired up as the water must have been up to temp... Any advice ?[/list]

Sponsored Links
Is it a new phenomena? If not, then could it be something simple like the pipe resting against a heating pipe and heating a small section of water?

Hi joe90 , thanks for the reply, that's the only thing I can think of too, I just wonder if there's any potential long term issues with the pipes touching?!

Sponsored Links
If the pipes are plastic and the pipes are trapping (like under a floorboard or passing through a joist) I'd be a bit worried that over time the stress could cause a stress fracture. Probably not, but who knows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back