Spiral Staircase

Sponsored Links
Thaks for the kind words of wisdon, since i live in Glasgow goolge it is then ;)

Try The Wooden Hill Co - they are one of the few companies I know of who make "DIY kits" and they are reasonably priced. If you want an all wood I think you'll struggle. Last one I put in was specially imported from Sweden by the householder (it then had to be "narrowed" as the builder made the opening too small!). You'll have to make sure that the floor beneath the central column is strengthened (unless you're going straight onto a 24 x 4 beam) as these systems rely on having a relatively small plate at the bottom which carries ALL the weight of the stairs and the person climbing them. Similarly at the top they need a strengthened anchor point, so you may need to double-up or strengthen the joist there as well depending on what you've got.

Scrit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back