splattered insects

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cleaned my car today - yes, miracles do occur. Anyhow, when i came to do the front of the car, there were loads of splattered insect remains (i havent cleaned it in ages during summer). As hard as a pressed with the sponge, the stains would not budge. My finger nail shifted some of them but im not doing the whole front bumper like that :evil: Any tips?? Battery acid crossed my mind, as did bleach and brillo pads, but the effects of these on metal paintwork are unknown to me, so i gave it a miss. ;)

My car is light blue, so it looks stoopid now with black marks all o'er the front of it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
They usually wash off, the chances are they were to dry, either do it in the morning when there has been & is dew on the car or after rain.

Now tree sap, you tell me

crafty1289 said:
I cleaned my car today - yes, miracles do occur.

i have never washed my cars by hand. always go to the carwash. and my car i had for 10 month only went thru it twice!

andrew2022 said:
crafty1289 said:

i have never washed my cars by hand. always go to the carwash. and my car i had for 10 month only went thru it twice!

lazy git

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
andrew2022 said:
crafty1289 said:

lazy git

british wether it not the type of wether to wash your car in. thats my excuse anyway. aswell as the heavy rain usually does a good job :LOL:

Have you looked out of the window today??? Glorious sunshine here! Perfect for car washing in the shade!

crafty1289 said:
Have you looked out of the window today??? Glorious sunshine here! Perfect for car washing in the shade!

its sunny here but still. i aint washin my car. it also had a trip to the car wash the other day anyway (proper car wash, not a few buckets of water)

crafty1289 said:
I cleaned my car today - yes, miracles do occur. Anyhow, when i came to do the front of the car, there were loads of splattered insect remains (i havent cleaned it in ages during summer). As hard as a pressed with the sponge, the stains would not budge. My finger nail shifted some of them but im not doing the whole front bumper like that :evil: Any tips?? Battery acid crossed my mind, as did bleach and brillo pads, but the effects of these on metal paintwork are unknown to me, so i gave it a miss. ;)

My car is light blue, so it looks stoopid now with black marks all o'er the front of it. :evil:

Steam clean it. Easy and not hard work. Tesco with petrol stations sometimes have them.

My car is 3 years 1 1/2 months old, and I've only washed it twice...

crafty said:
Battery acid crossed my mind, as did bleach and brillo pads, but the effects of these on metal paintwork are unknown to me, so i gave it a miss.

Guess you know deep down how the above three things will react with paintwork, as you didn't try them.....

You can get some glop from handy halfords that does it apparently. I've had my car for 5 years since new, I've washed it once. (Not the LC BTW, that gets valeted frequently, then again that's the wife's apparently)

Well until I read these posts I thought I was lazy with car washing, I only do it about three times a year.

Diyisfun said:
Well until I read these posts I thought I was lazy with car washing, I only do it about three times a year.

Ha, wuss :D :D

buy a silver car, you can't tell, well not 'til you're close up anyhow.

Diyisfun said:

Me too. Try to wash the car fortnightly though ;)

have got 18" alloys that get black with the brake dust so i use special acid cleaner and paintbrush to clean them,only problem is that i've got a concrete drive and always end up with 4 really clean areas where i cleaned my car.have to do it in different places every time but at least i'll have a clean drive.eventually.

Sponsored Links
Back