Split post: Adillin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having exactly the same problem as above. I had the boiler cleaned and after the plumber cleaned it, it now cuts out. It started cutting out weekly every sunday but now it is every morning. I have to reset it and re-light the pilot light. It as though it is being blown out by the wind. the plumber has came back and looked at it but cant find anything wrong. Does anyone have a reason for this or a way to fix it? Please help.

Please read the forum rules

The post you hi-jacked is nearly 2 years old

Sponsored Links
Sounds mental but some flues, especially balanced are prone to the direction of the wind! If your flue is situated on the North/west, blah blah wall,it may affect the performance of your boiler. If this is only happening of late then I would strongly suggest a service.

We have just had a service and this is when the problems started. But the engineer has been back but cant find anything wrong. Any other suggestions?

Adillin said:
We have just had a service and this is when the problems started. But the engineer has been back but cant find anything wrong. Any other suggestions?

Err.. no, you called an Engineer because your pilot wouldn`t stay on.......He fixed this & now it`s playing up again? Probably 30 years old or more, they don`t live forever you know :cry:

Sponsored Links
Err.. no, you called an Engineer because your pilot wouldn`t stay on.......He fixed this & now it`s playing up again? Probably 30 years old or more, they don`t live forever you know

Oh bamber, how I wish we were all as knowledgable as you.

And your invaluable contribution really does benefit this site.

Where in yanksville are you exactly?

I bet its every persons dream to share a pretzel with you, washed down with a cup of tea.

Love now, and forever

Dave

Dave you got any ideas then mate. And the engineer was out for an anual service not to fix the problem with the pilot going out. He was called out again to try and figure out why it wouldn't stay on. Or are we going for its f**ked.

You have had some advise with regards to the sight glass missing.

Is it missing?

If not, I would suspect a blocked pilot injector firstly. Was this removed and cleaned. (Usually done with a pin vice a guitar wire) A pin is too big. This is done as part of a basic service as it has 2 very mynute (sic) holes as opposed to the usual 'one'. Inner corrosion of the pilot tube easily blocks them, as it does on the ff glowworm ultimates.

If the pilot is good, get the engineer to test the thermocouple lead, overheat stat and worse case scenario, the gas valve.

These are a basic boiler and your problem will be easily fixed by a decent boiler engineer.

Let me know whats he's done please.

Location?

Dave

Dave

The glass isn't missing.

The engineer checked all the components you listed and advise they are all working fine.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back