Splitting 2 Way Lighting circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a 2 way landing switch circuit in my garage (one light). However I am wishing to split this into 2 sperate lighting circuits i.e. 1 switch for front light and the 'second' switch for a new second light, could anyone help in supplying a diagram on how to complete this. I don't have access to run new cable back to the main board, hence I am wanting to modify what I have access to. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi - I have a 2 way landing switch circuit in my garage (one light). However I am wishing to split this into 2 sperate lighting circuits i.e. 1 switch for front light and the 'second' switch for a new second light, could anyone help in supplying a diagram on how to complete this. I don't have access to run new cable back to the main board, hence I am wanting to modify what I have access to. Thanks in advance.

you have a 2 way landing switch circuit in your garage?

what do you mean? where is the (one light)? landing or garage?
what is the '2 way landing switch circuit'. is it a 1 gang switch that operates the landing light then? or do you mean something else?

this 'electrical point' that you are referring to, what wires does it contain exactly? what colours are they? is there a neutral present? is it a switch; or a junction box, or something else?

could you supply whatever you are trying to do from a nearby socket via a fused spur unit, if that is more convenient?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back