spot lights in the kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
putting six sunken 50w spotlights in my kitchen ceiling. took me ages to mark the area out so they was even etc. my new problem is in 2 ov the holes theres wires around where the lights have to go. but not directly abouve the lights. is there anything i can do as i do NOT fancy markin out all the ceiling again :cry: plus the holes are already cut :confused: my only other option would be to put led spots rather than halogen or should i be ok ?

Sponsored Links
If the wires are running 90 degrees to the joists and will sit directly above the lamps then I'd be a little worried about fitting them there. If the cables you speak of run parallel clipped to the joists or sitting on the ceiling then you shouldn't have a big problem, most of the heat will rise. How close are we talking?

the kitchen ceiling is being overboarded so i`ve cut the holes quite a lot larger than i need too.also the recess is about 7 inch. i`ve took a few pics be much easier than tryin to explain in detail.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back