spraying nettles and thistles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can I still spray nettles and thistles, or is it too late?

Sponsored Links
yes you can, use a decent systemic weedkiller. From memory i think you live in the sticks dont you? Go to a decent horticultural or equine supplier to get a proper grade of one rather than the rubbish in the sheds. Also be carful if you use it near any water courses.

sorry for not replying before... but many thanks.
Yes, we do have lots of nettles and thistles by the river too but we wont spray these. I guess it will just be chopping these down.
do you know what the general rule is with regrds to water... ie, how many yards etc away from river that it is okay to spray?

none really since the chemicals will soak into the ground and then into the stream, dig them out, dont chop them off

Sponsored Links
Ask a local farmer where he buys his chemical from, then call them and ask for Grazon or Garlon comes in 1lt bottle and you need 60ml in 10lt of water in knapsack sprayer, apply until leaves are thoroughly wetted. Avoid applying within 6m of watercourse.

Should cost no more than £40/lt.

JC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back