Spring return mid-position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to change a couple of radiators valves and I want to know how to shut the water supply. I have a water pressure tank in the loft which has got a Spring return mid-position valve type MSV 322 in the outlet but I am unsure how to shut it down.
Any advice?

Sponsored Links
You could get the correct rubber bungs, and bung the outlet hole in bottom of feed and expansion tank, and bung the vent pipe over the tank. This will induce a vacuum allowing you to replace the valves one at a time.

If you are replacing lots of valves, it may be best to drain down. Turn off the water supply to the F and E tank, or tie the ball valve up. Latch your mid pos valve into manual position. Drain the system through the drain cock(s) which will be at the lowest point of the system.

Sponsored Links
No you can't close a mid position valve. It's either one port open and one closed or both half open.
If you drain down always latch the valve in mid position when re-filling. (other wise air locks).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back