Spur socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before 1000 times.

I would like to add a socket to what I think is already a spur (will investigate further based on what I find out here).

I would appreciate it if somebody could let me know if this is possible and what I need to do?
I'm going to hazard a guess that putting a junction box on a spur for another socket is not allowed? If it is allowed however what do I have to do? Is there a fuse I can place anywhere on the spur to correct this issue?

Also is it Part P notifiable?

I'm aware of the dangers of overloading a cable and want to make sure everything is done correctly.

Thanks,
Leon

Sponsored Links
IF it is a spur, then you can replace the socket with a (13A) fused connection unit. You can then attach as many sockets as you want to the load side of the FCU.
Your socket may, of course, be a socket on a radial circuit. Another approach is taken in this case.
You need to find out what the situation actually is.
Not notifiable. New sockets need to be RCD protected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back