Spyware from diy not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's with the spyware coming off this site?..NOT GOOD. Adviva and Avenue A...just clogs my system and everyone elses. Somebody turn it off.
Cait

Sponsored Links
Errrrrrr... not that I'm disputing what you're getting, but I've not had any spyware coming off DIYnot. Are you certain it came from DIYnot?

Sponsored Links
I got myself a spyware doctor download.and guess what they`re after me too :eek: No tech. questions please,I`m just a computer ejit :LOL:

Yes I'm sure..try refreshing this page and watch the words at the bottom of the page saying Adviva as it loads. Oh that and I have a blocker which says "we have blocked the download of Adviva" or Avenue A alternately as I refresh.... depends how you come in to the page but both lots are definitely there.
Cait

I have tried refresh, I dont see anything except DIY pages..Maybe mine is being blocked by antivirus installed onto pc

I see it during refresh.

STOP IT.

You have to have quick eyes though!

pagead2.googlesyndication.com

ads.adviva.com

questionmarket.com

Knock, knock, knocking on ZAP smoldering wall
cookies - scripts - ads

All pretty innocent aren't they? Old advertising garbage keeping the web afloat.... Not that I'd know, cowering behind ZAP, peering out from the Opera 8.5 cage.
:eek:

empip
to be honest with you why are you going online sooo unsafe anyway , if your using IE turn of active scripting an java , then you dont get hammered with spyware or use a cleaner like
East Tec Eraser

Moz said:
empip
to be honest with you why are you going online sooo unsafe anyway , if your using IE turn of active scripting an java , then you dont get hammered with spyware or use a cleaner like
East Tec Eraser

Don't start the paronoia ... :D

I mostly use Opera 8.5 browser, non adverts, totally free now by the way. But sometimes the latest Firefox for a change.
Neither support active-x
Only run IE for M$ updates and tis well bolted down.

CCleaner is a good freeby crap Cleaner.

ZAP is pretty good I must say .... Just allow / disallow Javascript on a per site basis at the browser.
ZAPsettings.jpg

:rolleyes:

empip

OH NO .....online Paronoia is a MUST nowadays if you surf too pirate an grey/black hat guys forums ....*GG*

Firefox ok when it doesnt throw a Hissy Fit ..lol

Don't surf them there parts ... e-mails text only ... :confused:

I would use a browser other than IE, unfortunately, as I've said many times before, they're not compatible with the internet! :LOL: (note I didn't say the HTML standards, because as we all know the internet is often not entirely compliant)

If you worry about the spyware, you should also be worrying about all the hits you are getting off agencies spying to see if you are using P2P software. I don't, but after installing PeerGuardian I have felt insensed at getting pinged off bl**dy record companies. During one hour-long period I was getting hit about 10 times a second! Good to know that the price of my CDs and DVDs is partially to pay for them to barm up my internet connection! :mad:

mentioned this sometime back but was ridiculed and told it can't happen, yet the firewall and blockers i use mentioned not only spyware but also a virus once which has since been proved to proliferate through HTML Google was attacked AGAIN just the other day and warned all that used the search engine that day that they had a virus.
I have since mde the blockers remove offenders silently as i was sick of having to keep aknowledging dialogs everytime i came onto diynot.

Sponsored Links
Back