Square flue liner anyone?

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
nope there not ......round, conex type, not sure steel is allowed anyway because of the danger of soot corrosion......

do you have a square terminal and a square fire spigot to fit the square flue liner to?

I'll get those once I can find a square liner

Most people start with the fire and then buy a flue liner appropriate to the fire.

Are you competent to fit fires and test for safe combustion and flue operation?

Tony

Yes, that's right...I have chosen the fire and now I'm making sure I can have the right liner.

I don't need to be competent to fit fires as it won't be me fitting it

Sponsored Links
EH have you not posted on here previously saying you had been told 7 inch liner req ,
I bow to your superior understanding and knowledge and will ignore the thousand plus round ones i have installed and removed i have not got a clue what i am speaking about sorry for wasting your time :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you think a square liner will do a better job than the 7 inch round one you have been told you need, believe me from experience it will be a very limited amount of chimneys that a square one will go down,
They are for purpose designed flue systems or perfectly straight chimneys

Who says I need a round one? A square one won't do the job better or worse than a round one. It's the area that's important.
Why should a flexible square liner only be for straight chimneys? It's just as flexible as a round one surely?

i have to disagree on this one, a round smooth flue is far better at evacuating the POC's than any other shape

What is your problem?? Why on earth do you think I want a flue liner?? To water the plants in my front garden? ****.

However, I'll tell you what a flue liner is for as you clearly want to know. Basically, when your old brick chimney isn't sound, if it's perhaps leaking carbon monoxide into properties above yours, you need to have it lined.

A flue liner, is something that is inserted into the brick chimney to...wait for it...LINE it, so the fumes go safely up the flue and out the pot at the top.

Anything else you want to know, little boy? I'm afraid the classroom is closed for now. Try tomorrow.

I'm actually after a steel flexible square flue liner, like this one: http://www.chimneylinerinc.com/images/squareliner.JPG

you still didn't answer the question

so i'll try again

why?

oh and your attitude stinks....it would have been better to have explained why you needed it in your first post. If you know so much why bother asking......

And she wonders why this fire install project has been going on for around a year now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A round flue isn't any more smooth than a square one
i didnt say it was, if you read my post again correctly, you will clearly see i made a statement (which is correct) taking it a step further, anyone who knows anything about it knows round is the preferred shape to assist POC's travelling up a flue to the terminal, so your statement that the area is more important than the shape is wrong, as a round and square flue of the same area will not evacuate the POC's at the same speed,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back