Squareing wadrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , built a flatpack double wardrobe for my daughter with mirror doors.
i cant get one of the doors to shut up againest side squarely .
i can move wardrobe to square door up but other door goes out of square.
question is how can i square wardrobe up so that it stays in square posistion then i might stand a chance of getting doors in correct place .
Do i need to put L brackets inside or use some sort of timber bracing ?
all help apprieciated ... howy

Sponsored Links
floors uneven forcing the box out off square

lh door a bit low pad out the base/foot on the left hand side untill the frame is square then adjust the hinges to level the top and the gap between doors on the front edge

As B-A says pack up to get it even. Easier done with taper wedges IMHO. You can saw these from the end of any piece of planed softwood offcut. Plastic ones can be had from quite a few places. Push under until levelled-up then cut off the length with a chisel or Stanley kniife being careful not to damage the flooring (if needs be mark, slide out, trim, replace)

Sponsored Links
I forgot to say that it was sliding mirror doors , i put a level on top and all seems ok in the leveling dept its just moves out of square , so do i need to brace inside and what ways are there of doing this , cheers howy .

you cant brace the inside assuming its fixed to building structure
if its free standing does it have a back fitted ??
assuming its bouncing on the floor you will have this problem until you sort the floor out

It wasnt the dearest one around so probably not the best build ,
it has got a back and i have done a lot of flat packs over the years so assembly should be sound ? foxhole i like the look of those brackets .
cheers again howy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back