Sr code on Scantronic 9800

MNC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Can someone help me please? I have a Scantronic 9800 alarm system which is some 30 years old. Apart from installing new batteries from time to time it has been working for more than 10 years without any problems. That is until about a month ago the alarm went off in the middle of the night and the screen showed t8 which is a tamper with the panic button. I could not find any problems in the wiring or the switch. So, I left it for a few days and it set off again after about a week. It set off again a few days later and then it became every 2 or 3 days. So, I changed the panic button and thought that was it. However, the alarm went off soon after and I could not stop it with my access code. It seemed that the access code had changed. I then switched off the mains and disconnected the internal battery to silence it. When I powered back up as per the instructions, I had Sr on the screen. Since then, despite trying various resets including removing the NVM shorting out the terminals etc. etc. I cannot get the walk test to work and even though I can set the alarm and get the exit sound which stops as it should do, the alarm is not working ie with the alarm set I can walk anywhere with the sensors picking me up (showing the red light) but the alarm does not sound. What am I missing? What do I need to do to get it all working again? I would be very grateful for any help please. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Because you have defaulted the panel ….and everything is set to NU ….not used ….it needs re programming

• Thanks
Reactions: MNC
Thanks. I will have a go at sorting the programming.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. It is 9 years since I had any problems, so as I have had a few sleeps since then I forgot the need to do all the reprogramming. Got it all up and working and no problems for two days then alarm set off and t8 showed on the screen which is tamper with the panic alarms. Can’t find any problems with the 4 panic alarms - one of which is a new replacement after the problem first started, or the wiring. I guess I will have to disconnect each one in turn and see if the alarm sets off again by a process of elimination unless anyone can suggest a better course of action.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back