Ssangyong rexton fog light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My next door neighbours Ssangyong failed it's mot today because the rear fog lights do not work. I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on where the fuse is for the rear fogs?

We checked the fuse box under the bonnet and there is only a fuse marked up as for front fogs, and a relay for front fogs. We found another relay panel under the drivers side dash, where there is a relay for the rear fogs but no fuse. The relay is clicking in when operating the rear fog light switch, but there is 0volts at the fog light terminals. The bulbs are good.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Apologies for lack of information.
It is a rexton 270 s
2.7 litre engine
56 plate
Diesel

Does it have a tow bar fitted? If so it could be the contact on the fog lamp cut out in the tow bar socket that is corroded. Internal investigation of the wiring socket is best but you could try taping the socket gently with a light hammer or block of wood which might give a temporary fix.

( if you have a caravan etc conected and operate the rear fog lights you will be blinded by the glare from your vehicle fog lights bouncing back from the caravan so when the auxiliary socket is connected it cuts out the towing vehicle fog lights)

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure if they have a tow bar fitted, I will check in the morning. Sounds like a very likely possibility though as I cannot see anything else it could be. Unless the relay contacts are damaged and are not making contact.

Thanks, I will report back what I find tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
if you have a test lamp or similar check for voltage input/ output at the relay terminals. If you cant get to the terminals ease the relay out of its base just enough for it to still operate and enable you to probe the terminals.

Thanks for the replies.
Finally got a chance to look at it today and ray, you were spot on!
It was a corroded terminal in the caravan socket. All sorted now and I have one happy neighbour!

Thanks again, fantastic help :)

Back