Stained wc pan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone thank you for the previous help.

New question,my wc China pan is stained around the rim spray holes that supply water to wash down the inside of the bowl,is there a way to clean these stains ? They are rust colour and there is presently no rust in the cc cistern,its about 14 years old.
The stains are not poo,dont know how poo could get into the small holes. Thanks for your time
20170827_082927.jpg
20170827_082927.jpg
20170827_082927.jpg
20170827_082743.jpg

Sponsored Links
if you use Parazone Bleach Blocks in the cistern, they will slowly dissolve the limescale, including in the rim, that holds dirt and stains. You may find this difficult to believe, so take a photo inside the cistern the day you put in the first, and each time you replace it.

The chlorine bleach does shorten the life of rubber, so if you have a bottom-entry filling valve, where the rubber washer is constantly immersed, consider replacing it when you have dealt with the lime. I've known them last for years, but a relation had a forty-year-old cistern, and the seals perished quickly. If you are not keen on DIY plumbing you may not want to use Parazone. I believe special seals are used in swimming pools to resist the chlorine.

A water softener will also cause the limescale to dissolve.

Sponsored Links
But you should be getting staining there, so that sugests there's rust etc in the cistern, possibly comming from an old water tank in the loft. I'd go for the thick limescale removing bleach, and possible paint some into the holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back