Stains in kitchen near plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Am new here and am hoping to get some advice.
I am looking to finally decorate our kitchen but before I do I need to figure out what to do about the strange stains above the plug sockets. I have uploaded photos.
My husband has previously tried painting over them with gloss then regular emulsion but they came through again.
Anyone have any idea what they are and how to deal with them? Neither of them are on an outside wall.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If they are not on an outside wall and look quite high up then they may not be damp. Could be where adhesive has been like cellotape or similar. A coat of Zinnser would probably seal it.

Might be an old metal back box left in when the points moved perhaps?
Stain block with two coats of zinsser BIN then over paint. If it is rust that should block it otherwise a careful chipping out (with the power turned off) should confirm it might be possible to remove them if the cable does not run right through.

Thank you both. Would the Zinnster BIN aerosol be suitable or would it be better to get the paint on option.

Sponsored Links
Spray is fine It saves having to wash brushes out in methylated spirit as that is the solvent in BIN. Several light coats are best It dries very quickly.

You may find the BIN shows through the first topcoat of colour as the finish is quite smooth and so you may need to build up the texture of a roller emulsion finish with several top coats till it blends in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back