Stairs Info, Plans, Guidance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm looking at putting a double winder staircase off my landing over the existing staircase and into the loft. There is more than enough head height in the loft for this and rough calcs/measurements show that a double winder staircase should fit within the designated space.

Can anyone advise any good reading, information source, online plans or guidance as to how I'd tackle a project like this.

I'm currently in the very early stages therefore any guidance would be greatly received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just logged on myself to see if i can find any detailed drawings for a staircase to build mydself.
If it is of any help, i bought a double winder staircase for my last house at stairplan.co.uk. Simply choose the shape/style and enter the height and they deliver. It was delievered flat packed and cost about £500. Got a price for my U shaped stair case i need to build and that was the same. I was perfectly happy with the last one i bought but i quite fancy building my new one from scratch, partly for the fun of it.

Cheers for that Browfish.
I had checked out stairplan, they look a pretty organised outfit. It's always good to get a solid recommendation.

If I have any luck tracking down any plans I'll be sure to share!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back