Stairwell lights help - Need new light covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Was replacing the bulbs in the communal stairwell in my block of flats but the old covers on the lights disintegrated when I took them off.

Anyone know where I can get new ones to cover these light fittings?

Pictures attached below, can't seem to find anything online.

Sponsored Links
Rather than just a photo - can't you get the make/model from the gear tray? Look on the rear of it.

Then speak to a wholesaler (or a few). Once you find the wholesaler who deals with that manufacturer on a regular basis, you may find they will be able to order some covers in with their next order to the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
I could do that, but it's not really a big deal... was more just a quick post to see if any experts knew offhand on here.

It's not easy getting any of these people in this block of flats to do any renovations so I'm not going out of my way with this.

I organise everything for them :LOL:

Thanks for the advice though :)

It's not easy getting any of these people in this block of flats to do any renovations so I'm not going out of my way with this.

I organise everything for them :LOL:
So what happens when the services of an electrician are needed?

Who owns the block?

Why isn't it being properly managed?

Are those lights emergency ones, or if not are there other emergency ones?

So what happens when the services of an electrician are needed?

Who owns the block?

Why isn't it being properly managed?

Are those lights emergency ones, or if not are there other emergency ones?

When the services of an electrician are needed everyone is liable as its a communal area.

Everyone owns their own properties within the block.

It's not being properly managed as these people are useless and don't care so I take it upon myself to look after the garden and maintenance of the communal areas.

They are not emergency lights, they are just general lighting controlled by sensors.

All I wanted were some light covers :cry: :D

When the services of an electrician are needed everyone is liable as its a communal area.
Who decides if professional services are needed (of any sort)?

Who chooses the tradesman?

Who is legally responsible for any contract with a tradesman?

Who pays, and how?

Who manages any disputes with tradesmen? Who do they pursue for payment?

Everyone owns their own properties within the block.
Who owns the communal areas, and how?

It's not being properly managed as these people are useless and don't care so I take it upon myself to look after the garden and maintenance of the communal areas.
Very public spirited of you.

Have you checked what liabilities you might be incurring by doing these things? Insurances?

They are not emergency lights, they are just general lighting controlled by sensors.
Is there any EM lighting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back