Standard dado rail pattern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is this a standard dado rail pattern?

dado_rail.jpg

The width is 70mm.

If not how much would you charge to create this pattern? I need 12 metres, 4 x 3 metre lengths.

And is it cheaper/ better to use heat treated softwood or hardwood for this?

Thanks

Chas

Sponsored Links
/bump :)

No one has an idea of how much this would cost to get custom made or if anything similar exists?

It was probably a standard moulding at some point but then there have been a million and one differing mouldings and wheather you'll get it off the shelf is unlikely.
This question has been asked before and the answer is always the same. Any moulding can be cut, I work in historic buildings and often have to match up mouldings. The cost comes in having blank cutters ground to your moulding, these are used for your job and then are to all intents and purposes useless to the joinery shop as they may never be asked to produce that particular moulding ever again .
Depending on the machines they will use the cutters will cost anywhere from £40 - £60 per set and may even be dearer. Add on the timber costs and labour time should give you somewhere to go on. Sorry I can't be more accurate.

Sponsored Links
Phone? The internet's just a fad is it still?! ;)

Was probably searching for the wrong thing but couldn't find any prices on this sort of work. Will checkout some local timber workshops now anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back