Starter for a fly zapper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find a replacement for the one on the right. The one on the left didn't work, can someone please help?
0PujUZk.jpg

Sponsored Links
I had it years ago, the universal starter would not work, down I think to two tubes on same starter, we had a contract with RS and they sourced the replacement, but the one you have says 110 volt?

Sponsored Links
The one on the right is 110v, the one on the left is 240v.

Edit. Just seen the post above.

I had it years ago, the universal starter would not work, down I think to two tubes on same starter, we had a contract with RS and they sourced the replacement, but the one you have says 110 volt?

From here: https://www.lampshoponline.com/series-starter-4-22w.html

A series starter for fluorescent tubes which can be used either with a single tube on a 110-130 Volt power supply or two tubes in series on a 220-240 Volt power supply.

I'm assuming his flyzapper has two tubes because what he has certainly appears to be a series starter and the part code FLS-2 would seem to suggest its an FS2 type as would the wattage of 4-22w which they all seem to be, anything bigger than that is not typically driven in series

At work, given the effective life of the flyzapper tube is not great (12 months) we found it far simpler to just replace the units when it was anything other than the tube that failed.

IF it's over 12 months old it needs new tubes and any other parts - plus the time for me to diagnose, test and repair then PAT which can take the cost to over the £40 they cost in the first place.

Last one that failed I spent time swapping parts from a good one, turned out that the ballast was the only thing I had not changed and it still did not work - this all cost more than the cost of a new one.

Personally I wanted to repair it but the office demons decided not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back