Starting from scratch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very overgrown and unloved garden I plan to sort out and not sure how to deal with all the veg. I ripped out three fruit trees and the current garden is a jungle.

If I want to slab part of the veg'd area should I put membrane down then sand, cement and slabs?

I also wanted to have some tidier looking heathers etc where the rest if the current growth is - how do I ensure this is gone for good snd not growing amongst my new plants?

Sponsored Links
BE careful paving over former veg beds as likely they will have been well dug over and hence very soft, you;ll need to dig out at least a foot probably.

As for weed killing, the best thing to do is to cut/strim.chop all growth down then leave it for 2 weeks to regrow a little then spray with a systemic weedkiller like round-up. this will ensure no raddishes among your heather.

As said a mulch or even weed fabric will help reduce maintenance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back