static caravan windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am having problems with the windows in my static caravan i purchased it second hand, the makers of the caravan are trying to fix the problem but they did not make the windows and at first they said the drain holes hadnt been knocked out therefore the water was just running down the cavity and soaking the carpet and skirtingboard they "fixed" this but the problem is still there they are coming back to it but is it possible that the drain holes are in the wrong place

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome hanjamin :D :D :D
normal practice to buy in components when making a product
is the van within warenty
if so let them sort it out at there cost
if not if you are in a park can you look at similar vans and ask if they had a problem ??

A LOT OF WINDWS IN STATICS ARE FACE DRAINED AND INTERNALY WHEN VENT IS OPENED. POUR WATER IN INTERNAL WEEP HOLES AND SHOULD COME OUT OF FACE DRAINAGE WEEP HOLES.

I had the same problem with my van. Assuming you are talking about the old Aluminum Windows's. The water on the inside track is from the condensation, the holes won't drain because they are slightly higher than the track. Poorly designed window system.

I had mine double glazed with a slimline upvc window. Makes a huge difference, you wouldn't believe!

I can recommend Vulcan Windows - www.vulcanwindows.com - www.buywindowsonline.co.uk - simon was very helpful, good price! 01902 455 667.

Sponsored Links
We had our windows replaced in our static caravan and we found a massive difference installing new double glazing to our caravan , there is now no condensation and our caravan is now nice and toasty , it took us a while to make the decision to have new double glazing fitted but we are so glad we did , we looked all over the internet and it is a bit of a mine field , with some companies offering 20 mm 24 mm and 28 mm units. Some people install the double glazing with silicone sealants and others with foam gaskets , and some even fit house windows , so there is a bit of a choice so do your homework , we went with Westcoast windows , based in weston super mare, but I think they cover most of the country
We went for the 28mm system as we are on a 11month site and believe this to be the better system , we hade the double glazing installed and they were on time, on budget and did a great job they even installed the windows next door and a couple of others on the park there Http://www.caravan-window-fitters.co.uk

I would be happy to recommend them speak to Dale the owner he did me a great deal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back