Steam shower unit, water pouring out of steam outlet ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure whats going on but I connected up a steam shower yesterday (Villeroy & Boch) and when opening the water valve (cold side) I heard the steam generator filling and then water just poured from the steam outlet......no steam of course as I had not even activated the steam function, but its was connected electrically and turned on.

Help please?

Sponsored Links
They say it is not supported anymore as the original suppliers of the steam unit went bust!

That's helpful of them :confused: I take it the installation instructions doesn;t say anything about priming the unit?
Have you tried turning on the steam function? It may close the valve to the desired setting (i.e. closed :LOL: ) and it was initially left open as a factory default :confused:

Sponsored Links
Nothing in the instructions fault finding, just an explanation of an error code if there is no water flowing to the unit, nothing about too much!

I did try turning the unit on and switiching the steam function on but it kept flowing so turned it off smartish. I assumed there is a solenoid valve or something inside so tonight I will take it all off again and have a squint inside, maybe if its just a sticking valve I can "jiggle" it back to life.

I was just hoping somebody here may have experience of this unit before, I have once again emailed V&B technical but honestly do not hold out for much.

Well good luck with it anyway and hope it's something simple :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back