Step into garden through French doors help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a step into the garden from my kitchen into the garden, ever since i had my windows and doors done i have not known what to do about this step. I would just like it to look tidy.
I have put a very thin skim of cement on top just to make it a little bit better for now and i am yet to put laminate floor beading round the room.
My blinds have also been measured incorrectly so i dont have much room to do anything any suggestions are more than welcome as i am stumped, thanks in advance.

ps can post more pics if needed.

Sponsored Links
if that was me i would get a bit off timber 40mm wider and 50mm longer than the opening

i would mould a half round on the front edge and 2 sides
i would then cut 27mm off each end stopping 40mm back from the front edge
i would then cut a bit off timber 40mm shorter than the step to sit under the step to fill to the floor[or in your case between the walls]

you then screw/nail no nails into position taking into consideration any damp proof membranes

i did think about this but notice how close the blinds are to the bricks already, with a piece of timber there it would obstruct the blinds, thats what im worried about, thanksfor the quick reply !

Sponsored Links
Most virtical blinds can be trimed at the top, have you checked yours.

bit off 2x1" planed[21x44mm]12x12mm rebate on the back edge to accept a bit off 12mm ply and then as above

Unfortunately, that looks like it’s stitched & so it’s a NO. :cry: are they custpm made? Adjustable blinds allow you to cut & wrap the strip around a plastic bar which slots into a carrier holding each blind in place.

If you’re good with a sewing machine, you could always cut each one & re-stitch; or get whoever made them to. :LOL:

im afraid i dont know, but now you mention it, it would make sense. its a bit late to complain though, had it installed around 2 years ago now !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back