Sticking edge of MDF board to a tiled wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on the best stuff to use to stick the edge of an MDF off-cut to tiles?

I've got a bit of a mess of pipes running behind the toilet so I've covered them up by boxing them in using some off-cuts from old MDF kitchen units. I've got the boxing all done but it leans slightly towards the toilet from the tiled wall behind the toilet, leaving a gap of about 7mm between the wall and the edge of the MDF unit that is the 'top' of the boxing. I want to stick this MDF edge to the tiled wall.

Sponsored Links
I tend to fix 2 x 1 or 1 x 1 cleats (battens) to the wall and fix the boxing to that. Glue it to the wall and it's bound to get knocked and come away in the future, especially on tiles

Thanks for that advice. Not sure I can do it now as the boxing is in place but thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back