Wiki: Please see if the answer to your query is already covered by the Wiki

+1 for that idea.
+2, especially the
clickhere2v.gif
bit :LOL:

clickhere2v.gif

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A local animated GIF wouldn't slow it down.

And what's more annoying? An animation you can push off the top of your window by scrolling down a gnats, or people posting time after time after time about how they replaced their light, did it all perfectly but now the MCB trips when they turn it on....

But it was just a suggestion to get the ball rolling, as I think it does need to be made harder to miss.

My aim was really just to have 1 sticky that we can find easily when we need to do a bit of wiring and I think this has been achieved.
So why have we now got yet another new sticky?

THIS IS UTTERLY MENTAL.

It is madness of the first water.

It is wrong, wrong, wrong!

Every new sticky you produce, and every bit of information you duplicate into them devalues the Wiki, and by fragmenting and replicating information you make it less likely that people will look first, not more.

Will you PLEASE stop?

It should be the Wiki and nothing else, not the Wiki and all the posts from there duplicated into a bunch of different sticky topics.

And just why (and HOW?) are you managing to take posts written by other people and have them appear as if you'd just written them yourself?

Which mod is collaborating with you to wreck the place?

want some suggestions on what to do with the other stickys.
Absolutely nothing, please, if by that you mean should you create even more of them.

Who the hell is FAQ?

And how did this happen:

forum.jpg

thread2.jpg

thred1.jpg

Yes, on the forum view, the stickies appear to have their first posts made by Breezer and Kevplumb, but in the thread view, both appear to have been written by "FAQ", whoever s/he is. :rolleyes:

Ban , do I take it you don't like stickys! :LOL:

As stated previously ;) Admin will be the judge so why not write in with your suggestions.

If he wishes to remove or alter I will not make a thread out of it! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back