Stolen lead flashing - North Kent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys & Gals,

If you live in North Kent this is the sort of thing going on here at the moment. They've already had the copper earth strips off the telegraph poles and have now started on my house!!

Any suggestions for repairing the fascia without having to use lead again, which they'll probably nick? I used to have nice scalloped edge lead flashing until Friday.

I don't mind going for a pitched box section canopy but it needs to look good given that the bay windows are only 2.0m wide and roof tiles are difficult to scale down for such a small bay. (It would also entail lead flashing again anyway but slightly higher up)

I don't want to use roof felt.

One window has sprayed concrete surround with UPVC trim above. The other is set into brick so I have two design styles to contend with.

Definitely not a good weekend !!
View media item 899 View media item 900

Sponsored Links
Well I can tell you were all stunned into silence by the news...

According to the 'elderly william' ,who turned up this afternoon, I need a product called UBIFLEX. I've had a look at it and it seems ok but the next question is;

Where can I buy UBIFLEX in the Dartford/Gravesend/Meopham area?

Another tip the police gave me was to mark the remaining lead flashing with a product called SELECTA DNA. This will enable them to close down any receiving body found to have the DNA tag on their person or clothing - they don't even need to be caught with the item to secure a conviction providing you have reported it stolen and given them the unique DNA key.

[/quote]We've all been sitting outside guarding our lead/copper etc since your post!

:D

DNA thing is interesting...[/quote]

Yep - apparently it works in the same sort of way as 'smart water'. you buy it in a pot as a glue based paste. It has a unique DNA code in the paste and upto 1000 microdots per pot. The microdot gives the batch and telephone numbers to contact the data base holders. The data base is registered with the police so if they come across it in a raid they look it up and can return your goods. You don't need both - either the paste or the microdot alone is enough to convict with. I reckon a £50 pot will allow me to do the back edges of my remaining flashing AND my electronic kit inside the house AND my most valuable tools (welding kit, chain hoist etc)

Will my insurance company give me a discount though? ;)

Sponsored Links
Ah, so it's like the Datatool stuff that gets put on motorbikes.

UBIFLEX - found it......

Accurate Roofing Supplies, Norfolk Road, Gravesend. (down past gordon park, thro' canal basin road and keep going)

Its really easy to work with but it does need a couple of pairs of hands to stop it flexing/creasing during offering up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back