Stone flooring prep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im trying to source a product for the prep of a stone floor but don't know what it called. The best way i can describe it is that it is made up of loads of small squares (im guessing it comes as a roll) with a backing on. I've been advised that you lay this down and secure it on plyboard and pour a levelling compound on top of this product. Does anyone recognise this product from my description??

Sponsored Links
google..
ditra mate...

ditra uncoupling membrane is what your after.. ;) ..or there is plastic ply from nicobond but i havent used this product yet...

always follow mfr instruction mate...

with ditra you will..
prime your wbp ply(how thick is it,have you primed underside and edges?)
use a flexible adhesive,using a 6mm notched trowel,lay ditra on top using your grout squeegy to bed it in.
then again flexy addy and tile away....simples... :LOL: ....

google..
ditra mate...

ditra uncoupling membrane is what your after.. ;) ..or there is plastic ply from nicobond but i havent used this product yet...

with ditra you will..
use a flexible adhesive apply to floor using a 6mm notched trowel,lay ditra on top using your grout squeegy to bed it in.

google..
ditra mate...

with ditra you will..
use a flexible adhesive apply to floor using a 6mm notched trowel,lay ditra on top using your grout squeegy to bed it in.

bugger.... read this one mate tried to edit top one regarding the 6mm notch then ditra on top....

jc...defo need new phone mate... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
google..
ditra mate...

with ditra you will..

b*****r.... read this one mate tried to edit top one regarding the 6mm notch then ditra on top....

jc...defo need new phone mate... :LOL: :LOL:

perfect thanks for the advice..
to be honest with you we are still at the stage of sourcing our materials so haven't started preparing the floor yet.. as you can gather from the name im a carpet fitter so this is all pretty new to me.
basically we have and existing kitchen with floorboards and an extension which is concrete floor - this all ofcourse is at different levels.. the floorboards being about an inch higher than the concrete at the highest point. I was advised by the person that showed me ditra that i should ply the floorboards, fix the ditra to the ply and leave some to trail over onto the concrete.. and then pour the self levelling compound on top to level it all off. Looking at the videos on you tube im not sure this is exactly what i should be doing but thought id check with you. Does this sound right?
Once again thanks for the advice.

ok sean
few things you can do.

secure floor boards,overboard with either wbp ply(primed) min 15mm or use 6mm backerboard.

rip up floorboards and relay with 18-25mm wbp ply(depedant on how much traffic will be going over this area)..

to bring concrtete level.
slc with granite/aggregate mixed with it(depends on which slc you use)..
or
use a insulation board..marmox etc they come in thickness from 6mm up to 70mm Nicobond have them to might be cheaper there.
but....
where the 2 differant substrates meet you will NEED to incorperate an exspansion joint and follow this up through to your tiling.

dont forget to clean then prime the whole floor areas first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back