Stop the press - Smogg talks sense!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brexit import checks delayed for fourth time

"Mr Rees-Mogg said it would have been "an act of self-harm" if the government had decided to go ahead with the import controls.

He said the checks would have brought "quite significant" price increases for people at a time when the government was "trying to reduce costs."

These would have included a "71% increase - maximum level - on the retail price" of small deliveries like cheese.

He said: "You would have been adding potentially £500 of costs on a shipment of fish fingers, that then falls through to the consumer."

So what happened to all those lower prices that brexit was promised to bring forth?

But at last smogg has told the truth. Brexit is indeed an act of self harm - on a gigantic scale!

Sponsored Links
Yaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnn. Why can't you save these posts until just before we are going to bed? It'd be such a help!

Last edited:
I see Mogg as a tedious clown. But, at times he is good entertainment just like Boris and the Truss woman
He needs a good slap at times but TBH he is no worse than most politicians but just speaks his mind like Boris and ends up in the s....

"Mr Rees-Mogg said it would have been "an act of self-harm" if the government had decided to go ahead with the import controls.

you mean he criticised the agreement that Prime Minister Johnson made? The one he told us was great?

Sponsored Links
you mean he criticised the agreement that Prime Minister Johnson made? The one he told us was great?

Criticised the way the Protocol was implemented rather than the protocol itself, and by not imposing checks on foodstuffs coming into the UK from the EU, clearly demonstrates that although you can if you want unwrap every pack of cheese that comes into the UK to check it is what it says on the label, you don't have to, and you'd be a daft c**t if you did.

I'm about to go to bed.... have I missed anything?

Criticised the way the Protocol was implemented rather than the protocol itself, and by not imposing checks on foodstuffs coming into the UK from the EU, clearly demonstrates that although you can if you want unwrap every pack of cheese that comes into the UK to check it is what it says on the label, you don't have to, and you'd be a daft c**t if you did.
do you mean he signed an international agreement saying that every pack of cheese would be opened? why did he sign that?

do you mean he signed an international agreement saying that every pack of cheese would be opened? why did he sign that?

He didn't.
BTW I hear the founders of the Eurozone are joining the Rublezone. PMSL.

You would have to be a daft c**t to want massive trade barriers between yourself and your biggest trade partner.

oh that’s right, it’s what you voted for….

BTW I hear the founders of the Eurozone are joining the Rublezone. PMSL

Brexit Britain is the slowest to recover from the pandemic.

UK economy is doing sh1t because of Brexit.

Brexit Britain is the slowest to recover from the pandemic.

UK economy is doing sh1t because of Brexit.

I was talking to my neighbour the other day. I took him in my van to get some Ply for work his brother is doing on his house.

Told me that his brother who's a carpenter has had to retire because wood is now so expensive and work has dried up.

You would have to be a daft c**t to want massive trade barriers between yourself and your biggest trade partner.

oh that’s right, it’s what you voted for….
Remind us all again which way you voted.......

Sponsored Links
Back