stopcock - replumbing in plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refurbishing my 1978 Wimpey terrace house. The current stopcock seems to be leaking from a crossed thread.
As you can see, I want to board over this stupid hole with 18mm waterproof ply. It's going to be behind a kitchen corner unit. I'd like the new stopcock to be securely mounted.

The supply is flexible plastic. I also want to replace most of the 15mm copper pipe with plastic as I can't be bothered with bonding loads of copper pipes. There isn't much plumbing left as I am replacing the HW cylinder with a combination boiler, in fact there isn't much of the house left, what with partitions and ceilings being removed. ;)
What fittings should I go for?

Sponsored Links
Have you got an external stop tap?

Your flexible supply pipe. What colour is it?

Andy.

Sponsored Links
I wonder why people opt for silly plastic pipe.

It will not be funny when IKEA kitchen is a pile of rubble resembling wheetabix in bowl of milk after the rodents have been at it.

Any good craftsman will be able to work round the stop valve that is perfectly serviceable (going by what I see in the pictures) with good access to it.

I wonder why people opt for silly plastic pipe?
Same reason they opt for silly plastic wiring. :confused: Plus it doesn't get nicked. Mind you, my Mum insisted my Dad rewire the house in pyrotenax in the 60s 'cos she saw what mice did to a plastic doily in a larder.
It will not be funny when IKEA kitchen is a pile of rubble resembling wheetabix in bowl of milk after the rodents have been at it.
I think it will be hilarious to get the insurance to pay for a new kitchen. :)
stop valve that is perfectly serviceable (going by what I see in the pictures)
I tightened the gland nut, which is now dry, but the thread is weeping where it screws into the body. Also, it is slightly misaligned. I still think it was faulty from day 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back