Storage Combi Boiler review

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

In the process of buying a new house, a bit dated, so need to change boiler. The house consists of two shower rooms. It would be great if you could let me know your thoughts on replacing the current convention boiler with a Storage Combi Boiler

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
@Dan Robinson The house is a 4 bed 2 bath semi detached house, 1500 sq feet. Currently there is a cold water tank in loft, a hot water tank in the master bathroom, and a boiler in the closet. The plan is to have a storage combi boiler in the closet that can drive the whole house. The catch is whether the combi can drive two showers at the same time?

Thanks

Sounds like you want to make some space, so that means relying on mains pressure to serve your DHW requirements. Thus, you will need to ascertain the incoming pressure and flow to the property. If it is poor at your end but good at the supplier's stopcock you will need a new main. If it is poor at both then you may have to continue with open vented and cwsc in the loft.

Thanks all, I will have to get back with water pressure and flow rates.

Thanks all, I will have to get back with water pressure and flow rates.

2+ bar dynamic pressure and 20+ litres a minute would be ideal... unvented cylinder is the way to go if you have multiple showers, baths etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back