Storm Heating broke my boiler

Thanks Tony.

As the engineer appears to be 'legal', it will come down to whether Gas Safe believes the engineer did a good job issuing the certificate, in the face of the evidence that the flue, which is visible at the point of damage, has been leaking for a long time.

I have no confidence in organisations which 'represent' trades. I had a very bad experience with RICS and a poor surveyor.

Sponsored Links
You are not alone in your frustration! I am too. I was told today by Homeserve with whome I have a policy that Storm are a franchised company and they are my local company so I have to use them. They have turned up twice but did no work...today, I asked them to call me so that I could be present. No, they didnt. Such a frustrating company, you cant get hold of them either. Homeserve are their spokespeople. They have no mouth of their own!! Pathetic!!

Thats what happens when you want a cheap policy and to achieve that Homeserve have to use the cheapest maintenance company that they can find.

No good engineer is going to work for one of those companies.

But customers who complain hard do manage to get things sorted out.

I have been called three times by frustrated customers and in all cases the maintenance firm have agreed they messed up and the customers got my charges reimbursed ( not sure by whom though, probably Homeserve ).

Tony

Why doesnt Gas Safe strike off Storm Heating, I wonder? with the number of complaints.....I guess they are waiting for a building to blow up before they do!

Sponsored Links
What a partnership!!! but Ive cancelled my Policy with Homeserve and cannot tell you how relieved I am!! Im getting my job done with an ex British Gas guy who has gone solo....for a bit more, but I know the job will be worth the money! yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

i have read all the posts on this storm complaints and quite frankly some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. i have been a heating proffesional for over 30 years and i will tell you now anybody who says that they have not misdiagnosed a fault is full of it. Anybody that says they have never had a problem after they have left the boiler up and running is also full of it. Have i let a customer down and not turned up? of course i have and so has every other engineer, why ? becuase you never know what you are walking into on any job and you may run over on a job and you cant just say your boiler is in bits but i have to go now and see mr & mrs smith now. Get real and get honest. The gas industry is a hard industry and problems happen just the same as any other industry. But if you make a mistake in alot of other industries or work places its not so critical and so goes unnoticed. I can jump on the band wagon and say you should of called me as i am the dogs nuts and big myself up say this or that but i am a realist. so get real people

But if you make a mistake in alot of other industries or work places its not so critical and so goes unnoticed.

In many other industries the mistakes are more noticed!

The pilot who forgot to operate the ditch switch when he landed on the Hudson River nearly sunk the plane.

The operatives on the BP Gulf rig were killed and the rest of the world knew about it!

Most heating engineer's mistakes stay within that house and nobody else ever hears about them.

I can jump on the band wagon and say you should of called me as i am the dogs nuts and big myself up say this or that but i am a realist. so get real people

I'm sure Agile would have turned up on the dot with his copy of wikipedia for gas installers diagnosed the problem in seconds and carried out a repair in accordance with the relevant british standards.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=256742&start=15#ixzz1KGjuhqqa

Hi gibsongasandoil
welcome to the forum!!

I totally agree with your comments - except that issuing a CP12 on a property where there is a serious crack in the secondary flue is quite a serious b**s up wouldn't you agree? :?:

all you insurance policy fans me wish to know that British Gas also employ Storm heating as contractors for repair and service :D

They have a posh website saying how good they are, with a picture of a posh sign written van, so they must be good :rolleyes:

There used to be a shop called storm heating in Welling, Kent run by Brian Storm. Great laugh but a dodgy fella!

Wonder if there's a connection?

Brian was a legend, I really really hope he is nothing to do with this shower of sh**e.

Have had many dealings with Storm and wouldn't let them through the door even if was -50° outside.

all you insurance policy fans me wish to know that British Gas also employ Storm heating as contractors for repair and service :D

pretty much think storm subbies to everyone and anyone

:)

fixed rates appeal to only a very few companies so they end up doing all the work for the like of BG homeserve et al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back