strange cold water feed loop under sink...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently got some plumbers to fit a supply to my new kitchen and said I'd fit the kitchen sink once I'd bought it. I noticed after they left that they fitted one pipe for the hot water straight from the boiler (fine) but for the cold supply they've fitted a strange loop that comes in under the sink, does an about turn and then leaves again and goes off to the bathroom. All I can think is that they've done this as a way so I can isolate the supply to the bathroom from the kitchen without turning off the mains. Would this make sense do you think? Should I just add a T piece and supply the taps from that?

help!!

Sponsored Links
Could you post a photo or two, to give us a better idea of what your plumber has done:cool:

I'm pretty sure it's sorted now thanks. It is indeed to enable turning off the cold water to the bathroom. I was just confused because the pipes stick out into the cupboard under the sink so far. Annoying really because if you turn the cold tap on it'll diminish the supply to the shower mixer and make it go really hot. As I'm selling it though, and it's a one bed flat anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks anyway

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back