Strange combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys any help on this would be great.

The problem we have is with a Vailant Combi Boiler with a remote control thermostat. It is an ecoMAX
The heating randomly turns on and we are unable to turn it off. Sometimes when we want to turn it on the heating refuses to come on. And when the heating is on "Unwanted mode" we have no hot water.

We had a guy out today who said it was that the remote thermostat needed resetting which he did. But tonight we are sat here again with no hot water and boiling radiators that wont turn off.

Luckily we dont have to pay the plumber as it is through our landlord but if we call him out again he wont be able to fix it unless the problem is present at the time?? As like i said it is very random. And sods law it wont be doing it when he gets here. like this morn.

Anyone else every had something like this? or know the reason why it would be doing this. It was only serviced and checked last month.

Sponsored Links
Tell these clueless plumbers that the diverter valve needs replacing!

Tony Glazier

so you think that would be the problem? The heating comes on when not wanted even if we touch nothing. No taps to controls or anything. Sometimes even when we are not in.

paleeagle said:
Sometimes even when we are not in.

I wonder how he knows that?

The heating comes on to preheat the hot water!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I know that as when we come home the heating is on. The timer isnt set for that time and the thermostat is saying the heating isnt on. But it is

as its remote, i suppose there is the possibilty of rf interference from pirates, or cabs, or even someone in the same block/road with the same bit of kit.
I would reset everything as maybe there is some some chatter on the ebus connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back