Strange Lockshield type valve???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

am going to balance the heating system after I've done a bit of work to it but I'm puzzled by the valves fitted on the return pipes from the rad.

instaead of the usual Lockshield type they have a flat plastic cap with no screw or slot to remove them. When I prised one off there is water visible inside but its not leaking.

So I replaced the cap until I'm better informed!

Any ideas..?

Sponsored Links
IMG_8461.jpg

IMG_8462.jpg

Forgive the state of the rad and wallpaper, i've just moved in and it's a bit of a dump at the mo!

is there a pin sticking up under the cap?

let's have a pic with the cap off.

Sponsored Links
it's a very old valve approx 30 years old and will no doubt leak after adjustment and need replacing..

Do not touch it ,to adjust it it needs an allen key and they leak everytime if touched and sometimes severely and not just weeping. So leave well alone or replace

Thanks folks.

I'm going to replace the lot then when I drain down to fit a new rad and fit trvs the other side whilst I'm at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back