Strange Noise From attic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok i know nothing about my boiler all i know it that there is pipes and a big thing in the attic that it above my airing cupboard. So every now and then the attic makes a very weird noise that sounds like a old fashioned steam train and when open the attic the pipes running down the central beam of the roof are moving slightly and downstairs the radiators are slightly vibrating. the even weirder part is that about 2 months ago it was very prolonged and we heared water so we paniced. however when we looked out the back door we realised some sort of overflow pipe was pouring very hot water from the roof. when we saw this we thought the worst and grabbed the ladder and got straight into the attic only to find thick steam covering the roof to the point you couldnt see it.

i thought i might add that a month before that incident a pipe was replaced because it split or something and ruined all the paint down the walls and on the ceiling. anouther thing is that we live in a bungalow so its all lower down.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Get it looked at. If there's boiling hot water pouring from the overflow then there is a serious problem, and lives could be at risk. If the system is boiling the contents of the cold storage cistern then there is a high risk of it collapsing, showering anyone in the room below with scalding hot water.

A baby died as a direct result of a similar incident a few years ago! Dont take a chance.

Get it looked at. If there's boiling hot water pouring from the overflow then there is a serious problem, and lives could be at risk. If the system is boiling the contents of the cold storage cistern then there is a high risk of it collapsing, showering anyone in the room below with scalding hot water.

A baby died as a direct result of a similar incident a few years ago! Dont take a chance.

JESUS! the plumbers have been called! thank you very much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back