strange noise pass.side nissan micra.

Wheels out of balance don't cause any rattling per se - but it could conceivably cause another part to rattle.....its called sympathetic resonance, and I really, really need to get out more :p
John :D

Sponsored Links
My micra has a rattle at the front passenger side, mostly when turning left, it's not loud but how can it be fixed? :?:

Probably by replacing the L/H driveshaft mate....the CV joint on the end will rattle on full lock if its worn.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Probably by replacing the L/H driveshaft mate....the CV joint on the end will rattle on full lock if its worn.

Your talking to a car beginner here pal

Don't think it does it on full lock, I'll check tomorrow

Is it expensive to fix?

I think we need a bit more info here really......sure a driveshaft will rattle when its worn (more so on full lock) but there are other reasons why there could be noise in this area.
If it is a driveshaft, reckon on around £75 for an exchange through a motor factor plus 1 1/2 hours labour to sort it.
Your problem could be related to brakes, steering or suspension, and we'll try to talk you through the various checks.

It's just a slight rattle when turning left and going over bumps in the road

Steering / brakes etc dont seem to be effected the cars driving fine

It might be nothing but wanted to check with people who know

In which case I think its the drop links (stabilisers) that have a problem.....these connect the suspension anti roll bar to the front suspension itself and are notorious for wear and notorious for rattling.

In which case I think its the drop links (stabilisers) that have a problem.....these connect the suspension anti roll bar to the front suspension itself and are notorious for wear and notorious for rattling.

Right, drove the car this morning, no noise when on full lock and only started rattling approx 5 mins into the journey

Is the above expensive to fix?

Not really, but I wouldn't by the parts from Nissan, but go to a motor factor instead.
Why not drop into an independant garage, and get their opinion? After all, if we're barking up the wrong tree it would be money wasted anyway.
Fitting time would be an hour or less per side.

Not really, but I wouldn't by the parts from Nissan, but go to a motor factor instead.
Why not drop into an independant garage, and get their opinion? After all, if we're barking up the wrong tree it would be money wasted anyway.
Fitting time would be an hour or less per side.

Successfully diagnosed as very slight play in the ball joint on the passenger side

Sponsored Links
Back