Strange Problem (?)- opinions please- thank-you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok,
two story home. Two bathrooms upstairs, both with sink and shower.

Everything works except one sink has no hot OR cold water pressure.

I took apart the lines; as low as I could-to the floor- and there is no pressure at all- My first assumption was that a line is broken but, hot and cold at the same time? No way---confused for sure. I dont see any indication of a leak and I am not sure where this sink gets its water from - I would assume tapped off from the tub that it is next to which works fine- anyway whatcha think?? thanks in advance- Chris

Sponsored Links
You don't give much background. Has the sink ever had water? Have you just moved in and discovered this? Presumably there are isolating valves on the supply pipes (or lines as you say) - you just have to follow the pipes back until you find them.

Chris, sorry for the lack of info- the sink worked yesterday, but not today- the house is 5 years old---the only thing I can think of is that the lines are frozen- I have gone back to the valves and no pressure there either- I am going to shut off the main today and see if I can blow back througg the lines somehow or get some hot water in them - it has been pretty cold here lately- but it still baffles me how they could freeze up (if thats the case) as it isnt cold in that room----strange- thanks, Chris

Bearing in mind that you're in the US, it can get seriously cold there so maybe frozen pipes is the answer. Could the pipe runs (lines) be exposed to cold drafts anywhere?

Watch out when it thaws out - you could find the pipes fractured.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, its really the only thing I can think of---that bathroom is by an outside wall that doesnt get any sun this time of year- maybe the lines are routed kind of goofy toward the wall or something it was like 12 degrees yesterday- thats Farenheit. ;O) -- i was thinking maybe I could get my wifes hair dryer in there somehow ---get some use out of that thing --- Thanks for responding- I appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back