Stripped screw head

Sponsored Links
a left-hand drill is preferred

with reasonable luck, the torque, heat and vibration will wind the screw out.
Exactly, a left handed bit is required, start small so you have a chance of staying in the steel, if that doesnt back out, then change to a slightly larger bit.

You're one of them who can carve a marble statue with a teaspoon in an afternoon.
What a load of boll@x!
That's something I'd like to see - the teaspoon carving, not the boll@x
A good workman uses proper tools and keeps up to date with advanced technology.
And often gets the pee taken out of him for doing so. I've had numerous ribbings for "wasting" money on plunge saws, laser levels, laser range finders, biscuit jointers, etc over the decades... Later on, of course, the ones taking the pee either end up using the same stuff I had 5 years earlier, or they retire (presumably whilst grumbling about the trade going to the dogs, deskilling the job, etc)

Can anyone be laid off when self employed?
Maybe with a self addressed letter.
FFS!
You're old fashioned - these days it's done by text, or WhatsApp

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Hi everyone

I had a stripped screw head, so I used one of those extractors... and the extractor tool seems to have simply made the stripped head even worse!

Can anyone suggest a straightforward method of getting this screw out? It's very tight, unfortunately.

Thank you
The extractor looks like it was doing the job, why did you stop?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back