stripped wallpaper-patchy emulsion-repair or paper over?

Its just that im used to 800.
You have to try and imagine this lounge. Large window and bright sunlight when it shines through looks bad - come 3.pm it looked perfect. You must have seen the effect with wall- lights. I'm not entirely convinced that 1400 is the answer but it's bound to be better than 800 in future for emulsioning after.

Sponsored Links
Maybe two layers of 800 might have been better then 800+800=1600..thats 200 bonus!...and would have been better to paint over maybe..allthough I find 600 better still...but hanging it is not for the faint hearted.

I thought I wouldnt be able to take to the 1400, as was so heavy, took more paste, used more blades cutting etc, as I was used to 1000, and maybe the odd time 1200, so I did notice the difference, especially in the weight, as I am little and quite slim, so at first it hurt my arms, but after a couple times of using it, I found it the perfect lining paper.

Admittidly, it is thicker, and will cover more, but it still doesnt hide all indents, or jagged edges, as in certain light they will show through, but cause I know now what will show through even the 1400, I do tend to make sure these bits are filled, but even so, the odd one still escapes my eyes, but then I fill over the paper if that happens, paint it, and it looks perfect.

Have you ever used the 1400, if not, give it a go and see how you get on with it.:)

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
Maybe two layers of 800 might have been better then 800+800=1600..thats 200 bonus!...and would have been better to paint over maybe..allthough I find 600 better still...but hanging it is not for the faint hearted.
Who did 800 + 800?

Growler said:
Zampa said:
Who did 800 + 800?[/quote]

No..I meant it as an option..not saying anybody has tried it.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back