Stripping Tile paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

after 5 long years, the paint on my tiles around my bath is starting to chip off, I want to remove the paint from the tiles, does anyone have any tips for doing this or does a scraper do the job?

also with most tile paints now, do you have to apply a primer to the cleaned tiles or is it safe just to put on the tile paint without this

thanks in advance for anybodys replies

Sponsored Links
You might need a combination of a scraper and paint stripper to remove the existing stiff..

Can speak for all tile paints but the ones i've used normally go straight on...that said if the tiles are very shiney you may want to give em a coat of dulux ultra grip first

Ultra Grip? That's a 2 part primer. Never used it Zampa, are you sure you don't mean Super Grip?
I bow down to your greater experience here. Is Ultra Grip any good?

Sponsored Links
I also plan to freshen up a few radiators, most of the paint has chipped/cracked, would it be better to scrape off all the paint or could i undercoat and gloss without this?

Yep...good stuff..ive seen it stuck to a sample tile..I couldnt pick it off with me finger nails anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back