Stuart Turner powershower pump control modules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 bar twin pump for my powershower.
There are two control modules attached by screws to the outsides of the pump on the connectors to the water pipes feeding my shower, one for the hot water side and the other for the cold water side.
The shower will now only provide powered cold water. If I switch the control modules around, the shower will only provide hot water. So I need to replace the failing control module.
I thought the control modules were electromagnets that operated reed switches inside the pump but they could instead be sensors.
How do these control modules work?

Also the price Stuart Turner wants for replacement control modules seems high for what they do.
Thee a labelled HAMLIN RP 357-15 00916 but I contacted HAMLIN and they do not recognise them.
Can I get replacements more cheaply than from Stuart Turner and where please?

Sponsored Links
The reed switch is strapped to the outside of the pump, when you open a tap the flow pushes a magnet near the switch which brings the pump on, how much are stuart and turner asking for a switch ?

The reed switch is strapped to the outside of the pump, when you open a tap the flow pushes a magnet near the switch which brings the pump on, how much are stuart and turner asking for a switch ?

Thanks.

When I touch the switch with a magnet the pump comes on but I still only get powered cold water. Maybe the magnet inside the pump has lost its magnetism because it lives in very hot water. If I swap the switches cold<-> hot side I get powered hot water. That seems contradictory to loss of magnetism. So more diagnosis to do.

A pair of switches from Stuart Turner is £30 plus VAT & postage.
(What for simple magnetic reed switches?).

The pump is 8 years old and even if I sort out the current problem there may be further failures soon.

Ouch! it may be time to buy a new pump by this tightwad pensioner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back