Stuart Turner Showremate - faulty pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 bar twin shower than I inherited when I bought my house. It ran completly fine for 2 years but is now cutting out every few seconds. The water flow remains, it's just the acutal shower pump stops (goes silent) then starts again, doing that, refusing to stay on for longer than 10-15 seconds at a time.

I've called Stuart Turner ltd and they said it sounds like it could be the PCB and to try the 'magnet' trick - so I've tried holding a small magnet to the grey boxes on the sides of the pump but wasn't really sure what I was doing or what was meant to happen! ( :oops: )

Anyone help? Stuart Turner also suggested getting a PCB from them and replacing myself (when i say 'myself' I mean my brother in law!) do you think I should try that first? is it easy?

Not even sure who I should call out anyway - I rang a plumber and he said they don't do 'pumps' as that's electrical! ARG!

ANY advice/help gratefully received!

Sharonx

Sponsored Links
easy way is to remove the grey cover and bridge the connections
s1 to 1 and s2 to s2 if it keeps running with the shower on then the reed switchs will be faulty.
if it still does it the pcb is more likely faulty

Hi all,

I've changed the PCB - and I'm still getting the same problem! HELP

Bridging the connections? Not sure what you mean by that?

S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back