Stuck PVC Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a large bay window.

Around late winter time earlier this year i closed the window on latch. not locked though

Closed it so handle was down and not openable.

when i went to open it wouldn't (it was a few weeks later on)

When you rotate the handle and its very very tight, and i though oh its "jammed" so put a bit of effort into it and it clicks as if its jumping teeth

any one know how i can fix this DIY style? Quite good at this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
First thing to do is to unscrew the handle (there may be a plastic plug covering one or even both of the screws) and remove it to ascertain whther ihe handle's mechanism is broken. If it is then you should be able to get a replacement for it.

If not.. we'll get to that in due course!

handles been off, that was first thing i did, and it seemed to work fine on the other window.

so next part it is

thanks

Might have to take out the dg unit then prise it open with a glazing shovel to investigate

Sponsored Links
if it has to be above, is it easy to take out the Glass ?

i know its just held in with 4 bits of beeding around the inside of the window, but i don't want to get it out and be buggered because i cant get it back in for the night time haha

Can be awkward sometime but not impossible, I don't think you have much choice, you have to remove the rubber sealant first before removing the beadings

think il be getting a local window company to have a look for me

rubber sealant? didn't even know there was any. and if its going to be possible to cause something like a draft when i put it back in, id leave it to some on who knows what there doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back