Stud wall advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am going to be building a stud wall. Non load bearing. Ive been looking at Wickes and note there is a couple different sizes 89mm and 63mm stud timbers. Also they have two thicknesses of plasterboard 9.5mm and 12.5.

Would someone please advise which of each would be suitable for an internal non load bearing stud wall.

I was also looking at the door liners as the wall will have a door in it. I notice that most of them are 106mm.

So is it just a matter of choice what combination i should use?

I plan to use the 89mm Stud with 9.5mm plasterboard on either side which gives me a total width of 108mm which should work with the Door Liner of 106mm from Wickes and if i can be bothered i could go to B&Q which do the liners at 108mm.

However if this combination is not advisable please let me know and i can rethink.

Regards
Cameron

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd go with either 50x75 sawn timber with 12.5 plasterboard or 50x100 of you want a stiffer wall. Then either 106mm door linings or 132mm. Don't forget you need 6mm more on the door lining to accommodate skim plaster. If it's habitable room infill the void with mineral wool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back