Stud wall - corner detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am erecting a stud wall for a bedroom and it needs to turn at a right angle. I have seen different suggestions online and was wondering what you recommend. Here is what I found:
99273-2a286035c120bd36b3f0a85bb425201f.jpg

Also, what's the advice on noggins. Should they be at the same level or at alternate heights?

Finally, as these walls will have floor to ceiling wardrobes, do i need to place noggins at a particular height.

Thanks

Attachments

• stud wall.png
    stud wall.png
    412.6 KB · Views: 2,165
Sponsored Links
Looks fine .
Alternate noggins allows easier fixing from each side. If you want to fix to the wall consider a sheet of 11mm OSB under the plasterboard for easy fixing anywhere on the wall.

Thanks @foxhole. Is there any best practice on how I should stagger the noggins and how many are required in a height of 2.20m?
Do you have any experience of floor to ceiling wardrobes? I am wondering, how I know where to position these noggins in relation to where the fixing points for these wardrobes may be.

Thanks @foxhole. Is there any best practice on how I should stagger the noggins and how many are required in a height of 2.20m?
Do you have any experience of floor to ceiling wardrobes? I am wondering, how I know where to position these noggins in relation to where the fixing points for these wardrobes may be.
A couple of noggins per section will do, if you line with osb does not matter where the noggins are as you can fix anywhere .

Sponsored Links
oh, you are suggesting that I screw the OSB board onto the studs and then attach plaster to this and in future use it as a surface to screw the wardrobes?

The OSB becomes a patress and noggins all in one. It will carry weight and brace the studwork

sorry on the noggins, one of the benefit on putting them at the same height is that I know where to screw. Is that a concern when you alternate them? I've met a few buiders who suggest that alternating is a lot stronger and I've often seen them place noggins at random heights but how do they then locate them for screwing??

hi, can someone please help with the above question. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back