Stud wall in alcove, board both sides?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm preparing to soundproof my alcoves. I've been researching various procedures for ages and have decided on a 100mm air gap then a stud wall with acoustic board on the back side of the stud wall, acoustic insulation inside the stud wall then 2 layers of acoustic board on the facing side of the stud wall. The stud wall can only be secured at the head and foot for maximum soundproofing and my question is how would I get the acoustic board on the inside side of the stud wall? Any opinions and information greatly received.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Ken. Just watched some videos of metal framed stud walls being built but it still doesn't help with how I'd get the plasterboard onto the side of the partition which is at the back of the alcove.

Sponsored Links
As 23vc above.

Carefully measure the area you are trying to fit, reduce the sises by 10 / 15.mm all around, away from the alcove cut and fit plasterboard to the stud work, offer up and use packers to allow for a firm fix of the studs, job done??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back