Studwork corners...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have constructed some studwork which includes a 90 deg corner. It has now dawned on me, however, that plasterboarding the internal corner will be a problem since there are no vertical studs to fix to. I have one vertical stud on the corner but have made this flush with the external corner if you know what I mean.

What have I done wrong? Can anyone show me a plan view of how to correctly construct a corner?

Sponsored Links
You need to add another 2 vertical studs next to the corner stud, one each side, to allow the internal plaster boards to be fixed.

Trying to find a pic, but still trying :LOL: but others on here can download things, but i'm learning about pc's :LOL: you'll get help soon ;)

david1805 said:
Hi all,

I have constructed some studwork which includes a 90 deg corner. It has now dawned on me, however, that plasterboarding the internal corner will be a problem since there are no vertical studs to fix to. I have one vertical stud on the corner but have made this flush with the external corner if you know what I mean.

What have I done wrong? Can anyone show me a plan view of how to correctly construct a corner?

Stick an extra stud in near the end like so:

6g2xw5u.png

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replies.

Total beginner at studwork, didn't cross my mind how the plasterboard was going to fix on the internal.

At least I now know how to mod it,

thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back