Fixing Plasterboard Beading?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody answer what is probably a simple question, but I can't figure out for the life of me

How do you fix corner beading to a drylined wall (brick)? Every plasterboard guide talk about nailing the corner beading into the studwork behind the plasterboard, but obviously this can't be done into brick! (I have used dab and dob method)

Also, I am wanting to tape the seams of the plasterboard when finished and feather in the corner beading - what type of corner beading do I need? I have some metal beading (looks like folded metal sheeting, with some slots and holes punched out) Is this the correct stuff?

I would appreciate any help you guys (& girls!) can give to me.

Thanks![/img]

Sponsored Links
you need skim coat beads and they can be fixed on with a staple gun

Will staples hold it long term, or do you rely on the jointing compound to hold in firmly? What type of jointing compund do you need to use. I have Gyproc Easy fill - is this suitable?

For taping and jointing there are special types of beads for angles, they come on a roll and you cut the length you need, thats if your gonna tape the joints. youve got skim beads they are fine, fix them like chappers said also you can use nails but make sure there galvanized.

Sponsored Links
I take it you should use non-rust staple such as copper?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back